1. Trend- I am very into dark lipstick for fall. I have a deep raisin lipstick that I am absolutely addicted to right now. It can be a little intimidating at first, but once you get used to seeing yourself in such a strong color, you won’t want to go out at night without a dramatic lip like Bruised Plum by Tom Ford. I put this lipstick on first and plan my outfit accordingly.
2. Designer- Maybe it is because I get to ogle over it all day at Atrium, but I love what Viktor & Rolf is doing this fall. Their new line is not only gorgeous but it has a little edge to it. Because we get to wear more layers in the fall, it is the perfect time to experiment with fashion yet still feel comfortable. Viktor & Rolf definitely offer that opportunity with this years fall collection!
3. Accessory- Capes. I have always been a sucker for ponchos and capes, and I instantly pull mine out the second the temperature drops below 70. I pair mine with a great pant, a simple top and sky-high heels or a short dress, opaque tights, and a high heeled bootie – both with my orange, slouchy Balenciaga. Capes are my fall obsession every year without fail!
4. Food- The Black Bean Quinoa Burger from Adair Kitchen is my new obsession for brunch and lunch. Great with one of their mimosas made with fresh squeezed orange juice!
5. Drink- Hendricks Gin and Tonic with a slice of cucumber. America’s Restaurant makes their tonic water in house to order, and it is absolutely divine.
6. Restaurant- “Seasons 52” is my new restaurant of choice right now. While it is a chain, it is new to Houston and absolutely amazing. Their wine list is incredible, and everything on the menu is under 475 calories. Their portion sizes are perfect, and their flat bread is truly mouthwatering – I suggest the fig and goat cheese. It’s nice not having to feel guilty about getting an indulgent entrée and having that second glass of wine!
7. In your bag- I always keep my “Casablanca” lipstick and “Love Bruise” gloss both by Tom Ford on hand for a quick touch up. It’s a great color on that can be worn both day and night.
8. Beauty - Benefit “Fake Up” concealer is an absolute miracle. Not only does it conceal the bags under my eyes, but it has a moisturizer in it as well so it helps replenish my eyes and lessen the appearance of the bags.
9. Must have- The Starbucks app. Not only can they just scan your phone to pay, but also every 19th drink is free and you earn other benefits like free refills or food items. It is necessary for all of the warm drinks we will be consuming once the weather cools down.